Post subject: Clothing sizes
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:50 pm 
Platinum Member

After losing 25 lbs. or so last year, I seem to be holding steady at one of the most awkward size combinations ever... 41" chest, 35" waist. That means that unless I can find that exact size, anything slightly larger or smaller (the far more common 40 or 42" chest and 34 or 36" waist) usually just doesn't quite fit. Vanity sizing can either work for me or against me. It's tough to know without trying something on first. Seems I either need to slim down some more, or fatten up. *Sigh.*

Post subject: Re: Clothing sizes
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:15 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

If you're talking about jackets, don’t BB and Press still do odd number sizing? I have a 39S J. Press suit in the closet in from 2007 or so.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:43 pm 
Platinum Member

JordanW wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:15 pm
If you're talking about jackets, don’t BB and Press still do odd number sizing? I have a 39S J. Press suit in the closet in from 2007 or so.
Yes, they do. It's not impossible to find stuff, just...frustrating. And (as in the case of Press) sometimes expensive. ;)

And it complicates thrifting, too. Although my wife found me a brand new with tags BB blazer in 41R earlier this year at a Goodwill for something like six bucks.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:43 am 
Platinum Member

Topsider wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:50 pm
After losing 25 lbs. or so last year, I seem to be holding steady at one of the most awkward size combinations ever... 41" chest, 35" waist. That means that unless I can find that exact size, anything slightly larger or smaller (the far more common 40 or 42" chest and 34 or 36" waist) usually just doesn't quite fit. Vanity sizing can either work for me or against me. It's tough to know without trying something on first. Seems I either need to slim down some more, or fatten up. *Sigh.*
Join the club. I'm between a M and L in most alpha-sized items. 39R is best for jackets. Problem is, most 39 jackets I come across are shorts. Anything less than 30" in length for me is a no-go.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:48 am 
Platinum Member

Frustrating, but it strikes me as a nice problem to have. I've thickened up and no amount of dieting and exercise seems to make a dent. Apparently this happens in your late 50s (57 in February '19).