Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 12239 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5816 Next
 Post subject: Re:Catching some ryes...er, rays
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:59 am 

Patrick wrote:
Taking a little goddamn sun and trying to read this crumby book. Old Mrs. Peel is coming over in a while and we're going to the thrift store.

You're killing me with the Holden speak. With all that sun, tonight you ought to be able to sleep tight, ya moron.

What color are the khakis? Really that light or are they just washed out in the pic?

Quest for the Holy Ale

Post subject: Re:Catching some ryes...er, rays
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:05 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Patrick wrote:
Taking a little goddamn sun and trying to read this crumby book. Old Mrs. Peel is coming over in a while and we're going to the thrift store.
You are too funny, Patrick.

Post subject: Re:What are you Wearing Today?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:38 am 
$
$

Classic casual Patrick.

I tried to get the book at the library, but all 6 copies were out or mislaid. I got a new one at a used book store (go figure), but have not gotten to it yet.

First sweater day of the Fall! Low 50s this AM in NE coastal MA. Put the kids into their long school uniforms today - my 5 yr. old son is wearing his school white long sleeve OCBD for the first time (60 poly/40 cotton - 'cotton poor' one might say) with a navy sweater vest. The shirt was very scratchy out of the package. I shoulda washed 'em first. It will be interesting to see how wrinkly the shirt is out of the dryer. I guess I'll be ironing for two now.

[Afternoon UPDATE: my wife just called me to advise that young PC did not roll up his sleeves whilst fingerpainting in kindergarten today, and it appears that the long sleeved OCBD may be a total loss. Must teach sleeve rolling.:S ]

For me:

LE navy cotton/cashmere v-neck - okay quality - it is thin, but soft. Most importantly - comes in a tall size.
BB slim yaller OCBD - off the hanger, un-ironed.
Bills M1
LE khaki with navy stripe surcingle
Gold Toe argyles
Tommy Hilfiger venetians

I don't golf, despite having a golf-worthy surname. This putter was in my office when I got here almost 10 years ago.

Good day all!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:03 pm 

Looking good, PC. How new is that cotton/cashmere sweater? I noticed they have some in the most recent LE catalog I received, including a medium gray that looks more like a sweatshirt than a sweater (with the little upside-down triangle at the neck), and I was thinking of adding one to my Christmas wish list.

Probably the last hurrah for my gingham this year.

Lands' End gingham
Polo lightweight khakis (unsure which cut), British tan
Dooney & Bourke navy wool surcingle belt
Polo cotton socks
Weejuns
handmade bookcase

Quest for the Holy Ale

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:05 pm 

Yesterday's outfit:

Cheers.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:14 pm 
$
$

wnh wrote:
Is gingham seasonal?

Scott

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:49 pm 

Naval Gent wrote:
wnh wrote:
Is gingham seasonal?

Scott
Not as a pattern, no, but this one in particular is lightweight and in a bright, crisp blue that I consider a spring/summer shirt. "My gingham" above was just a reference to that particular shirt, not to the pattern.

Quest for the Holy Ale

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:21 pm 
$
$

wnh wrote:
Naval Gent wrote:
wnh wrote:
Is gingham seasonal?

Scott
Not as a pattern, no, but this one in particular is lightweight and in a bright, crisp blue that I consider a spring/summer shirt. "My gingham" above was just a reference to that particular shirt, not to the pattern.
Got it. Personally, I tend to be less "seasonal" than some. I wear tattersalls all year, for instance, while other see those as Fall/Winter only.

Scott

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:04 pm 

After church attire. Hope y'all had a nice weekend.

Some new LLB handsewn blucher mocs to replace my aging Sebago Campsides.

Cheers.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:33 pm 
Platinum Member

The healing service was pretty crumby. There was a priest and all, but he mumbled a lot of crap so I ignored him and watched the people watching the priest. One kid was twitching around, playing with his ball cap and all. I'm not much for rules and all but you probably shouldn't wear crumby clothes and a ball cap to church. I wanted to smack him but I never go through with things.

Then there was this part where everybody, well not everybody, I didn't go and old Mrs. Peel didn't but a lot of people got up to be laid hands on and pray. With two tag teams, like in wrestling, except that one team was the priest and this old lady, at least 50, and the other team was a bald guy with and the speaker. This speaker guy I know for a fact is an incredible phony, at least he was, but now he's found The Lord and all and he was pretty convincing. Anyway there was no way I was going up there and having any of these people put their goddamn grubby mitts on me, and old Mrs. Peel felt the same. She's kind of strange sometimes but pretty much solid on things like that.

from The Shortstop In the Rye by Linus J. Scrimshaw

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:44 am 
$
$

Yesterday...

Jos. Bank poplin, olive, darted with plain front pants. Valley II model, I think, from several years ago. Big shoulders, but a decent suit.

I've lost a lot of weight this year and my sacks fit like tents, so I pulled this out of storage recently.

BB pinpoint button-down, ecru
BB A&S tie
Florsheim tassels, shell
Weird patterned socks from Jos. Bank

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:39 am 
$
$

I bought the LE sweater after last Christmas when I had a gift card. They must have done pretty well as they did bring them back. I see that other sellers catalogs have them as well. It is a nice, comfortable, lightweight sweater. Worth the $50 or so they're asking.

I have a pink gingham which I put away for winter. It is the color, more than the pattern. I'd wear a dark blue or dark green gingham in fall/winter.

Looks good as always, Reddington and Tucker. The leather on the Bean mocs looks good.

Patrick - nice job on the Caulfieldian channeling.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:12 pm 
$
$

Also, I love the brightly colored socks with the loafers in several of the above. I have mostly neutral argyles - browns, grays, blues, etc. and try to relate the overall color of my socks to something in the outfit or match pants, especially.

Wearing pink or red or orange socks looks great and adds some interest. I will keep my eyes out for some more colorful argyles to try out this fall.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:16 pm 

I bought an inexpensive pair of J Crew argyles. Total waste of money, they were falling apart within the first six hours.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:59 am 
Platinum Member

Early a.m. look

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 12239 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5816 Next