Post subject: Old guys and Babes
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:37 pm 
Platinum Member

A few days ago I took a Robert Noble cloth, Empire sewn, 3/2 roll, O'Connell's plaid sport coat to my tailor for sleeve length alteration. It was a sale purchase at O'Connell's. I picked it up today and will wear it to lunch with the guys tomorrow, but the story is about the day I dropped it off. My alterations tailor worked for Julian's, the premier Men's Ivy Shop on Campus at the University of North Carolina in the 1960s. He's a very cool guy, who is meticulous in EVERY alteration of men's suits, sport coats, and trousers. Heck, I even had him adjust the button placement on a new BB OCBD – whose button placement was imperfectly sewn by the manufacturer. But that's neither here nor there. My tailor, and the customer waiting behind me were crazy with lust for my new sport coat! So, let's get pictures on the table:

They both were asking all the standard questions about a lusted after object! Heck, over the years, I had asked all those questions myself. So, I decided – for fun – to tell the "story" behind the story. Here we go:

"Well," I said, "when I was a young guy in college – and up to about 25 – my athletic body type, my smile, and my boyish looks attracted the coeds, probably just like you guys! What I wore was secondary."

I continued with my story, "In a couple of weeks, I'm gonna be seventy-five. Yup, more than fifty years have passed. I'm still very interested in attracting Babes, not that I'd know what to do if I did attract one – and I WOULDN'T do anything, given that the Classic Beauty would have my Head on a platter if I did! So, the attraction scheme is more a game than anything. Here's the deal: when I was 25 my hormones were sending off signals to women. Next week, when I turn 75, they'll be stunned that I'm even alive! They are, however, dazzled by great sport coats, a curvaceous OCBD collar roll, highly polished shoes, and Canoe* cologne!"

So, as I was walking out the door, my tailor and the next customer (both in their seventies) were hot and heavy in conversation. They wanted to know where to get this sport coat. NO SUBSTITUTES ACCEPTED. They also wondered what Canoe* cologne was – and where to get it!

Today I picked up my sport coat. After I paid and was leaving, out of the corner of my eye, I saw the IDENTICAL O'Connell's Plaid sport coat I had left there a week ago.... but it wasn't mine. Hmmm, old Geezers will do anything to attract Babes!
*Pronounced Con o' Whey when I started using it in the early Sixties. Later, in the 1980s and to this day, CANOE is pronounced just the boring old way you were taught to say it. Everything about life in the early 1960s was more exotic and mysterious!

Last edited by Billax on Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:13 am, edited 10 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Old guys and Babes
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:07 am 
Platinum Member

Billax, the Ambassador of Ivy; He is forever spreading the word as few are qualified to do, and enlightening the willing.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:31 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I almost just bought the damned jacket on the strength of your story -- and of the photograph, which is much better than the one on the O'Connell's website -- thank goodness, for my wallet, it's no longer available in my size.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:27 pm 
Platinum Member

Can O' Whey?

Hmm...I might swipe this gag for another mystery story...