Post subject: Young Love – First Love
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:34 am 
Platinum Member

Each of us had a first love – and that romance had a story. Here's mine and I'd be very keen to hear the "Young Love -First Love" stories of other Curriculum members. If you've got a photo of you in Ivy Apparel, all the better!

Young Love - First Love – a #1 hit by two different artists. Here's Tab Hunter's #1 single" Click the URL immediately below if you've just gotta hear it!
https://youtu.be/A5LRe4xecZQ

It was late in the evening – and late in 1958, when I looked out the Living Room window of my girlfriend’s house. I jumped up, grabbed my coat and hat, and as I ran to the back door, I stage whispered to her, “Sherry, get your coat, hat, and mittens. Meet me in the Driveway!” It was snowing, and Snowflakes the size of Dimes were slowly wafting to the ground, though an ethereal breeze kept the snowflakes in a a state of near-weightlessness. A nearly full moon showed off the blanket of snow already on the ground, while the old-fashioned streetlights of Elm Grove, Wisconsin quietly glowed, whitening the snowflakes, which slowly moved back and forth through the glowing orb of that light, doing everything in their power to avoid going to ground. I started the car and powered down the top of my Black, 1953 Chevy Bel Air Convertible. Then, I opened the passenger door as Sherry came out of the house. “Entre vous s'il vous plait,” I said, as she slid into the passenger seat. Those were likely the only French words I knew… but they seemed appropriately romantic.

The weightless Snowflakes floated as I backed out of the Driveway. The Snow crunched lightly under the tires and we began our top-down Snowflake drive in the Moonlight. The only sounds we heard were the tires compressing the snow. The only sights we saw were white hexagons floating through the air. There were no other cars, no sounds, no radio, no talking… nothing but my right hand holding her mittened left.

Even at Sixteen, I knew I was a romantic and I knew I wanted a romance for life. Goofy, in a way, to know that about yourself when you’re Sixteen, but I did… and I do.

This long romance was not meant to be forever. She moved on. I moved on. It was very sad. Still, I found my forever romance. I hope Sherry found her forever romance as well! And to this day, the most romantic night of my life occurred in complete silence, on a moonlit night with snowflakes seemingly suspended in the dark, while slowly, slowly driving along the deserted streets of Elm Grove, when those snowflakes put on a show… meant exclusively for Sherry and me.

P.S. Putting down the convertible top when the temperature was below 32º caused the vinyl rear window to crack in several places. The next morning my Dad noticed it and asked what happened. I said, I’d put the top down because it was a magical night. He nodded, and said that he wasn’t going to make a magical payment to repair it. I would need to find out the cost of “magical.” I found out, and I’d drop the top again under the same circumstances... but those were once in a lifetime circumstances!

©2017 William B Welty
––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Last edited by Billax on Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:19 pm, edited 16 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Young Love – First Love
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:42 pm 
Platinum Member

Billax wrote:
The next morning my Dad noticed it and asked what happened. I said, I’d put the top down because it was a magical night. He nodded, and said that he wasn’t going to make a magical payment to repair it. I would need to find out the cost of “magical.” I found out, and I’d drop the top again under the same circumstances!
Great account of one of those young guy moments, Billax.

And I agree, you definitely had your prioritites in order if you would crack a window for a date with a beauty. I would bust one too.

("Magical payment," that's a good one! I can hear my father saying something like that. :lol: )