Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous 18 9 10 11 12
 Post subject: Re:Pipes and Tobacco
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:58 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I actually haven't had any of it yet. I had a tin a while ago but I think I gave it away to TCC (figured he'd enjoy it being an ARP minister). I have some tabacs to work through before I get to this, but I'll let you know when I do try it.

I go to Boda Pipes and Cigars in Greenville. It's pretty nice, but probably more geared to cigar smokers. They have a nice lounge, a few tv's, and a coffee/espresso bar. I've never hung out, but it would be a great place for a retired guy to hang out at. The prices are pretty high, but it's nice to get something right when I buy it.

Smoking Pipes does look awesome, but it's in Myrtle Beach, about five hours away on the other side.

Conor

Post subject: Re:Pipes and Tobacco
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:23 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Here is a bit of ephemera from the Yale News January 29, 1878. Filed under Yale Log, it states "The members of the Senior class occupying seats 91 and 85 in chapel have been fined for covering the floor in tobacco juice. They had better invest in a cuspidor."

Post subject: Re: Pipes and Tobacco
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:31 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Pipe selection at a local antique/junk store.

See anything you like? PM me.

Post subject: Re: Pipes and Tobacco
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:44 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Ooh. I don't really smoke anymore, but there are some nice ones there.

Second from the left on the top row looks like a nice freehand type shape. Could be a nice one. I'm not up on brands so much anymore but third from the right on the top might be a Peterson. They were my personal favorite (Irish and all).

If you find some solid looking ones that would be a great way to build a cheap rotation, if you're looking for that.

Conor

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous 18 9 10 11 12