Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 364 posts ]  Go to page Previous 119 20 21 22 2325 Next
 Post subject: Re: Weekend Plans
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:16 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Writing my Curriculum Vitae :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:17 am 

Flying out to Santa Barbara this weekend with the Mrs. and my next door neighbor. He's never been and loves wine. Renting a house out in Los Olivos, about an hour north of Santa Barbara. Plan on arriving Thursday by 11am, then renting a car and driving up. Have dinner plans at the Hitching Post and the Los Olivos Cafe. Plan on doing picnic lunches and selecting accompanying wines at the vineyards we'll be visiting. If anyone has any recommendations on wineries and vineyards, would certainly love to hear them.

Can't wait to get away from this Texas heat. Temps out west look to be in the mid 80s during the day and low 50s/upper 40s at night. I can't wait.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:17 pm 

The first cross-country race of my final collegiate season is on Friday at Bucknell.

The following weekend will be typical college debauchery.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:59 pm 
$
$

Hardiw1 wrote:
Though technically not the weekend, here's my 4th of July view. Monte Sano mountain in North Alabama.
Nice view.

When I was in high school I lived at the upper end of Big Cove Rd. and used to take training rides on the weekends through downtown and then on Bankhead Pkwy up to the state park. Beautiful country.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:08 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Just returned from Missoula Montana- trout fishing in rivers and high country, a visit to the rocky mountain elk foundation, and also the Boone & Crockett club. Great time with my father and brother. I will get some pics up soon.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:51 am 
$
$

BenMN wrote:
Just returned from Missoula Montana- trout fishing in rivers and high country, a visit to the rocky mountain elk foundation, and also the Boone & Crockett club. Great time with my father and brother. I will get some pics up soon.
nephew,
it sounds like you had a great vacation

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:58 am 

BenMN wrote:
Sounds awesome. Look forward to the pics. Just returned from out trip tonight. Back to the salt mine tomorrow.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:23 am 

Running tonight, watched the Rangers win again as still trying to fend off the pesky A's.

Sat: wife's company dinner at The Place at Perry's here in Dallas. Wine will be free flowing, having a steak. Been on a diet lately so I feel I've earned it.

Sun: 11:15 mass, light lunch, long run, trying new Dogfish Punkin' Pumpkin Ale on the back patio. Forecast says sunny and 85. Life is good.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:05 am 

First day of Autumn approaching this Saturday. Tomorrow will be the last day for GTH trousers so I am sporting yellow with a blue gingham check shirt with Vineyard Vines belt and topsiders.

Having the in-laws over on Saturday for afternoon birthday party for both of them. Grilling paninis, satay skewers, light salad, champagne, maybe a Cape Cod or two. Enjoying a very tolerable September in Texas with highs recently only in the 80s, lows in the 60s. It's been great for running extended miles.

Sunday sees the Fall wardrobe change-over. While temps in Texas can be in the 90s into October sometimes, something tells me this year will be different. Plus, I just can't get my arms around wearing Madras and GTH trousers past the first day of Fall. Just seems weird. I am ready for the changeover though it's tough to say goodbye to the seersucker.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:05 pm 
Platinum Member

Have some work to do, but in between I will be in this sort of situation

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:49 am 

Patrick wrote:
Have some work to do, but in between I will be in this sort of situation

Looks beautiful. That's the kind of work I could get behind. Boring weekend in Dallas. Going to a concert tomorrow with a couple of buddies, then kicking back for some beers on the back patio.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:30 pm 
$
$

We're going down to Roswell on Friday for the weekend to shoot doves, or at least AT doves. Probably won't be any beautiful scenery pics to post. Might see some aliens. UFOs fly too high to hit with the shotgun, though.

Wish we could stay Monday to see the lunatic sky-dive from the edge of space, 120,000 feet up. It's said he will reach speeds of 700 mph. He's either be a new world record holder, or a fireball. We'll see...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:53 am 

Flying down to Houston for the weekend on Thursday. Wife is attending a CLE and we decided to make a weekend out of it.
Houston is mercurial to me. It is the city I was born in but my parents moved away when I was about 3, so I have this strange connection to it that I cannot quite describe nor appreciate. I hope this trip will shed light on some of those thoughts. I look forward to it.
We have dinner reservations at Brennan's and Underbelly. We are staying near the Museum District. Any recommendations would be welcome for lunch, drinks, etc. I've heard they have a vibrant food truck culinary scene springing up lately. Look forward to checking out the Museum of Fine Arts near the Hotel.

Stephen

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:20 pm 
$
$

Going to Chicago on Saturday as co-chair of an electric utility tax school. How's that for exciting? Get to see old friends from college, which is great. Hope the weather's nice, or at least bearable. Then off to DC (Alexandria) on Wednesday to see my mom and sis. Really hoping to get downtown to J Press, Alden, etc. but time will tell. Any suggestions for food, clothing or other activities would be greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:13 am 
$
$

National Portrait Gallery/ Museum of American Art, in the old Patent Office building, a little of the beaten path, is my favorite, if you haven't been there yet.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 364 posts ]  Go to page Previous 119 20 21 22 2325 Next