Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 364 posts ]  Go to page Previous 121 22 23 24 25
 Post subject: Re: Weekend Plans
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 10:42 pm 
$
$

Went to the botanic gardens while my sister was visiting.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:54 pm 
$
$

This weekend we're going up to Santa Fe for our annual opera trip - Fidelio this year. Kind of quirky, set in Nazi Germany, but still with all the Spanish surnames! Reviews have been great.

Next weekend we're off to Missoula to see Mrs. C's daughter, and hopefully to fish a little... Looks like the hoppers are out, which is good, because my presentation sucks - SPLAT!!

Last three weekends have been absorbed with the car project - swapping out the WRX suspension for a Forester's. Lots more ground clearance for hunting & fishing, but handles like a boat (comparatively) on the road. Three weekends for a 4 hour job - that's what happens when accountants think they can be mechanics!

Not a lot of trad going on!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:44 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Car looks great, I could use something like that for the winters around here.
Keep us posted, I hope you get in some good fishing! Hopper-dropper, you know? Tie a nymph on to the bend of the hopper hook, with maybe 14" of tippet. Works well, easier to cast than you might think.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:54 pm 
$
$

BenMN wrote:
I hope you get in some good fishing! Hopper-dropper, you know? Tie a nymph on to the bend of the hopper hook, with maybe 14" of tippet. Works well, easier to cast than you might think.
Thanks Ben. I have a hard enough time with just a dry. Easy is all relative! I still might try your suggestion, what's to lose? My boss was on a guided trip in Missoula at the end of June. Said the only way to catch lots at that time was with droppers. 3 of them caught and released almost 100 fish one day using that rig on the Bitteroot. Dries he said might get you 5 or 6 fish then.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 364 posts ]  Go to page Previous 121 22 23 24 25