Post subject: Weekend Plans
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:51 am 

It's been awhile. . . planning on the big thaw this weekend where Dallas rebounds from 13 degrees tonight to mid-sixties Saturday and Sunday. Spring fever will arrive in short order. And it's Valentine's Day weekend as well, though we sort of plan on really celebrating it next weekend when we travel to Santa Barbara, CA.

Friday: boring. work. running. some form of healthy take-out for dinner. Maybe a glass of wine.

Saturday: chalice bearer training with parish priest from 9-noon. Yawn. Go for a lunch with fellow parishioners afterwards and then run. Casual dinner with the wife and then bottle of bubbly to celebrate her first 5k and loss of near 30 pounds. I was to run it with her, but the Church requirements were such that I could not. She is running with fellow women attorneys that are sponsoring the race instead, people we know, so it's not so bad.

Sunday: Mass at 11am. Then light lunch and run at White Rock Lake. High should be near 70. Afterwards, Margarita on back porch (Baja Bob's sugar free mix-I know-but it is better than any I've ever had, highly recommended, only calories are tequila/triple sec), grilled fish tacos and Jimmy Buffet.

Cheers.

Post subject: Re:Weekend Plans
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:22 am 
$
$

Edited - change in plans.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:03 am 
Platinum Member

Ski jumps. Even the dog-ass NY Times noticed.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/09/sport ... 8at+TPiPcw

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:30 am 

Calvert Cliffs to go fossil hunting with a friend. Hopefully it's half as productive as a trip to Aurora, NC.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:41 am 
$
$

Cambridge, Mass to visit my son, a grad student at MIT, with a stopover in Saunderstown RI (where my wife is from) to visit old friends. Hoping to sneak off for a visit to The Andover Shop, where I've never been.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:23 am 

Dinner last night with friends at a local restaurant that features locally-sourced, organic products. Haircut,and trips to the barber, hardware store (finally getting of the dime and buying a power washer, running store and pet shop. Tonight? Mrs. TMMKC and I are going to The Lyric Opera's performance of Daughter of the Regiment.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:47 pm 
$
$

Wonderful long weekend in Boston/Cambridge. Big plan to visit Andover Shop/J Press with my son and upgrade his wardrobe, which suffered terribly from the 4 years he spent as a student in CA, came to naught, because the only day we had to do it was Sunday, and both were closed :S . Still, we spent some time looking in the windows, especially at Andover, which looked wonderful, though tiny. We will return, I'm eager to get him back on track.Here's a photo of son and wife, taken at the Boston Institue for Contemporary Art:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:54 am 

Heading out to the cabin for the weekend with some friends for winery tours, Monticello (maybe) and relaxation. Heading out early Friday and coming home early Sunday so that can do a little garden design for the house, the stone order needs to be placed next week some time.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:51 pm 
$
$

beautiful, snug little cabin. I get down that way from time to time, but have never visited a winery, though I've noted that there are quite a few: a report would be appreciated.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:33 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Looks like heaven, Duck.

Rambler, have you received any of my replies to your emails lately or checked your private messages?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:37 am 

New England Boat Show on Saturday. Maybe a day trip to somewhere in Maine on Sunday with the lady friend.

Post subject: Re:Weekend Plans St. Patrick's Day Edition!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:54 am 

A wee bit early, I know, but. . .

Friday: slumming it. Wife has dinner plans with her sister. I'm on my own, but I think I can handle it.
Saturday: Celebrating the Irish part of my Scot/Irish ancestry. Running in a 5k that morning in Dallas, getting cleaned up and meeting friends at the local pub for some lunch and beer. Green PRL pants will be rockin'.
Sunday: Mass at 11:15. Casual run in the afternoon. Complete spring/summer changeover begun last weekend. Pray no late Spring cold fronts arrive.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:38 pm 

Friday: Workout and we're staying in (for once!). Looking forward to a night at home.
Saturday: Get caught up on work, errands, haircut, tailor, wine tasting and a movie (The Adjustment Bureau). It's nice to have a Saturday without commitments, parties or obligatory fundraisers.
Sunday: Likely a Costco run and dinner plans to celebrate one more spin around the sun for yours truly (Mrs. TMMKC is being secretive).

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:10 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

I headed back home to Athens this afternoon. Like TMMKC, I dropped a few things off with my favorite tailor including what I believe to be an early eighties Brooks Brothers blue seersucker sack suit. The label is white with BROOKS BROTHERS written in gold block letters. If anyone can confirm its vintage please sound off.

Tomorrow morning I'll be cheering my wife on as she runs a 5k. Later we're doing lunch with the mother-in-law for her birthday. Tomorrow evening will be cocktails downtown.

Sunday morning it's off to church. Afterwards, unfortunately, I'll be attending a funeral of a police officer who was recently gunned down in the line of duty.

Have a safe weekend, all.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:19 pm 
Platinum Member

Saturday: Gym , write a couple of stories, do some laundry, tidy up apartment, take some stuff to thrift shop without leaving with anything.

Sunday: As it looks right now, Friday, 8:18 p.m., fishing one of the Housatonic tribs might be an option. Otherwise knock off a couple more stories and gym.

In other words, and except for fishing, sweet eff all.